|All the products you need to recreate this look!|
It's literally been years since I posted a makeup tutorial, but since doing reviews all the time can be boring and I needed to do a test run for a wedding I'm in this week, I thought, why not?
Whether you're a bride, a bridesmaid, or simply a wedding guest, I think that this look could apply. For a wedding, you want to look fresh, youthful and above all, natural. Leave the raccoon eyes and heavy bronzer at home ladies!
For this Face Of The Day, I was inspired by the look of fresh peonies. To start off, you need to create a nice base, covering up any redness, blemishes and shine:
- Skindanavia Makeup primer spray (see review)
- Lancome Teint Visionnaire foundation in Ivoire N 140 (see review)
- Cargo Blu-ray HD powder in 20
- Makeup Forever HD pressed powder
Next, time for the eyes! My favourite palette of the moment, the Urban Decay Naked 3, is perfect for creating a subtle look with its mix of rosy colors.
To do the eyes, I applied:
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion all over lids
- Strange on the brow bone
- Burnout all over the lid, concentrating more color on the bottom half of my upper lid, up to the crease
- Nooner on the outer third of my eye, fanning above the crease and blending from the outer edge inwards
- Trick on the outer third of my eye, fanning this time in the opposite direction, from inner to outer edge
- Trick along the entire lower lashline
- Nooner on the outer third of my lower lashline
- Dust dabbed just on the lid center
After the shadow, I applied:
- L'oreal Lineur Intense in Black along tip lash line, drawing as thin a line as I could
- Revlon Colorstay Overtime mascara in Blackest Black on top lashes only
- MAC eyebrow pencil in Deep Brunette
- Chella eyebrow defining gel
To finish off this look, I applied blush to give color to my face and a pink/mauve lip color to enhance my lips.
- Annabelle TwistUp lipstick in Breeze (see review)
- Lise Watier Haute Lumiere in Natural Shade (see review)
And here is the complete look!
|Step 3: brighten up your face with blush and lip color!|
|The finished look!|
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial! Please let me know if you did and I'll be sure to include more in future posts :)