This summer has ended with a bang for me, which makes it especially hard to face fall. A friend's wedding, my recent Vegas trip (recap and shopping haul post coming soon!) and a glamping trip to Manning Park have made the past few weeks too full of good times.
A couple weeks ago Mr. Artist, myself, Ecko, and 4 of our good friends took the 3 hour drive up to Manning Park to go "glamping". Since Mr. Artist is a bit of a princess (YES I SAID IT), this style of camping was the only way I could convince him to emerge outside city limits.
His main objections to camping trips:
- lack of gear
- sweatiness and being unable to shower
- having to leave Ecko behind
- fleas and/or ticks if we brought Ecko along
- not wanting to drive our car along logging roads
- not liking driving for hours because his butt gets sore
- renting a cabin that had showers and a full working kitchen. There was even a BBQ!
- bringing along Ecko in Sheila's minivan, which her and her boyfriend drove
And it was a huge success! We stayed for the weekend in this beautiful rustic house beside a gurgling stream and a ready-made fire pit, ripe for marshmallow roasting. There was also a lake nearby for canoeing, swimming and general lolling about. I would highly recommend visiting Manning Park for its pristine waters, easy hiking trails and good ratio of available amenities to number of visitors.
|Posing outside our chalet|
|The view at the beautiful lake|
|One of our rooms for the weekend|
|Canoeing! Thankfully Ecko didn't try to jump out|
|Roasting marshmallows for s'mores. Ecko almost caught his tail on fire.|
|On the trail|
|Check out the inukshuk in the background!|
|*derp* nature is fun|
How have you enjoyed the last weeks of summer?