Can you believe it's October already?! September was the month that felt like it never was as it went by so quickly. My new job has been keeping me pretty busy as has wedding research. I've been venue hunting and putting together ideas for the look and feel for my wedding and I think I have a fairly solid vision now of what I want everything to look like! It's now basically a year from when we plan to get married and I feel like I've been planning this event for awhile already yet the only thing we've actually booked is our photographer! Mr. Artist and I are still hunting for that perfect venue. Getting close, but I don't want to give anything away until it's real!
At least I can freely share my beauty opinions with you all. Here are some of my favourites for this past month:
1. Cargo Cosmetics Essential Palette in Dark Neutral - this is an oldie but goodie in my shadow collection. I've been really into matte shadows lately and a cool, smokey brown eye paired with a bright lip is everything I'm about at the moment. These shadows blend beautifully, last all day and can do everything from a barely there, to full on drama. Worth every penny.
2. L'Occitane Control Styling Prep Cream - this leave-in conditioning cream smells amazing and leaves my hair feeling silky soft. This cream contains an intoxicating mix of jojoba oil, almond oil, lavender and rosemary. View full review.
3. The Body Shop Morroccan Wild Argan Oil body lotion and solid oil lip treatment - alongside my hair, my skin and lips have been feeling super soft as well thanks to these products c/o The Body Shop. These were my first argan oil products and I'm pretty pleased by the results! View full review.
4. EcoTools Large powder brush - this was an impulse buy after much research into affordable powder brushes to replace my old Sephora one. I'd been all geared up to purchase the Real Techniques powder brush, but on a whim I decided to purchase this one. As Ecotools believes in cruelty-free products, all their brushes are made of synthetic hairs and recycled materials. The bristles on this brush are silky smooth and soft so even though they're synthetic, I don't feel as if I'm missing out on a thing. This brush just glides over my skin and delivers a light, natural finish. Plus, it's under $10!
5. The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture cream - lately my skin has been acting up by turning all greasy during the day while also being dehydrated. The result? Breakouts! I think this could be due to my use of products that clogged my pores. Since I've been using this travel sized bottle of the TBS Vitamin E cream as my night cream, my skin has miraculously balanced back out. This cream hydrates my skin, doesn't feel sticky, and most importantly, lets my skin breathe. I'm definitely going out and buying a bigger jar!
What were your beauty favourites last month?