Featuring 24 shades, these polishes come in a range reds, pinks, blues, purples, greys and greens so there's something in here for everyone. The ‘4 free-from’ formula does not contain Dibutyl Phthalate, Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, and Camphor, and is also vegan!
The brushes are of a medium width, which kinda sucks as even me with my teeny nails prefer a wider brush, but the colours apply easily and consistently. The packaging of these polishes is pretty no-nonsense as well and retail for $6 each, which I think is right on the money for TBS' price point. After 3 days wear, chipping started to appear, which is about average for me. I'd still recommend purchasing these polishes despite that simply because they come in a range of fun colours and they dry really fast. I am a very impatient person when it comes to nail polish, so long drying times torture me, but these dried super quick. Lately I've been watching my way through the Avatar: The Last Airbender series and these nails didn't even take me one episode to do!
Now, onto the fun part - the swatches!
Please excuse the shitty phone pics as I didn't have time this weekend to take proper photos! All swatches are done with 2 coats. Here I am wearing:
- Crimson Kiss - a BEAUTIFUL blood red that actually looks a lot richer and deeper in person. It's my favourite shade of the collection so far!
- The Body Shop Green - is a deep forest green that looks brighter in photos but almost like a green-black in person. You could probably get away with just 1 coat of this one, but for consistency in swatching I did 2 coats.
- Mint Cream - is a lovely spring time color. More blue-mint than green-mint, this color reminds me more of a lighter robin's egg blue. This color would be great for a bride's "something blue"!
- Crazy for Blue - I thought I would love this color more as it looks so vibrant and sapphire-y in the bottle, but on my hand it seems a bit muted in tone.
- Hemp Over Heels - this is getting way out of my comfort zone with this type of pea green, but it actually didn't look too bad on me! Hemp Over Heels is probably best for someone of the pale and blond variety.
Join me next week for more swatches and be sure to check it out yourself in stores!