Hello Just J readers!
According to Cetaphil, the Oil Control Foam Wash is a gentle, non-drying, soap-free foam that effectively cleanses the skin of excess oil without compromising the skin barrier or resulting in over compensation of sebum production. The Oil Control Moisturizer is a non-greasy, lightweight facial moisturizer for daily use in the skincare routine with the added benefits of broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 30 protection.
I'm in my late 20's with combination acne prone skin. My cheeks tend to be dryer and my T-zone and chin more oily. I don't have full blown acne but I there are always a few smaller pimples on my chin and/or cheeks. I rarely get them on my nose or forehead. This product appealed to me because I thought it might help with my pimples and keep my shiny forehead under control.
I used the foam wash and moisturizer every morning instead of my normal cleanser (The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Cleanser) and my usual moisturizer (Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief) for two weeks. The following photos show me with no make up right after using the products in the morning and then again at the end of the day.
|First day of use - Beginning of day||First day of use - End of day|
|Two weeks of use - Beginning of day||Two weeks of use - End of day|
Things I Liked:
- The cleanser was very light and rinsed off well to leave my skin feeling clean, but not stripped of moisture.
- I like that the moisturizer had SPF protection.
Things I Didn't Like:
- The scents. The cleanser smelled somewhat 'chemically'. The moisturizer smelled just like sunscreen.
- The packaging. I fell like they put the lid/cap on the wrong product. The cleanser came with a cap over the pump. When I'm in the shower with wet slippery hand removing smooth plastic caps can be a little difficult. I ended up just leaving the cap off permanently. The moisturizer didn't come with a cap over the pump. This meant that the little bit of moisturizer left in the end of the nozzle would dry out before the next use. I ended up with little dried white clumps mixed in with the new moisturizer when I would use it.
- The results. I really didn't see any noticeable improvements in my skins appearance after two weeks. I actually broke out really badly about one week in. I'm not sure if my skin was just adjusting or if there was another culprit? I also noticed that I'm getting more small bumps on my forehead and some pimples along my hairline after using these products.
These products just didn't do it for me. The benefits didn't materialize and I ended up with more pimples than when I started. I'll switching back to my old products. I may save the moisturizer for beach vacations and summertime activities though since it doesn't affect my skin as badly as plain old sunscreen. Have you tried these products? Did they work for you?
I hope you found this review helpful and informative. If you like what you see come check my out in my natural habitat, www.thelazylaquerista.com.