Thank you Hao for tagging me! I recently discovered her blog, but I love how real it is and her detailed review of a variety of products. She seems like someone who would be fun to hang out and eat delicious food with!
Now, onto my 10 things that I am grateful for.
1. My health. It's something we tend to take for granted, but everyday that you can live healthy and happy is a blessing. It's only when we lose it or when we see another lose it, that we realize how precious it is.
2. My fiance. Still sounds weird to call him that, but I am grateful everyday for Mr. Artist. Although sometimes he drives me crazy, I also love him like crazy. He centers me and has taught me a lot about being a better person. He makes me smile everyday and I can't wait to be that little old Chinese couple together.
3. My family. You can't have a gratefulness post without mentioning family. They'd be pissed if I didn't mention them and yes, they do read my blog! I'm grateful to my family for molding me into the person I've become and for always being there for me.
4. My girl friends. You know who you are. I'm not really the type to have a ton of gal pals, or even close friends in general, but the ones I do have, I value very much. They make me laugh and we share everything together. I have guy friends too, but in the last few years I've found that it's really been my girl friends that I have formed deep bonds with.
5. Blogging and my blog friends. That includes you, my reader! Blogging is such a huge thing in my life and it's a haven for me to relax, not have to think about work and other life stuff and just talk about things that bring me enjoyment. I read every comment here and I always try to reply. Keep em' coming because it just keeps motivating me to keep writing!
6. Myself. Okay, this is a weird one, but hear me out. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and as a result, I have really high expectations for myself that I constantly beat myself up about when I can't reach them. I think it would be healthier if I realized sometimes that my expectations aren't always realistic and that I am in fact, pretty okay. It's okay to make mistakes. Whenever I have, I am grateful that I've been able to get through it and learn from it. Life hasn't always been rosy and you can only rely on your own strength to get through it, so thanks me for pulling me through it.
7. My career. I don't need to be rich, but I'm grateful that I am able to make enough to support myself and to live a lifestyle that fulfills my needs. I can save up to travel, I have a home for myself and Mr. Artist and I don't need to worry (much) about paying the bills.
Now for some sillier things...
8. My bed. Seriously, my bed is pretty awesome. It's just an Ikea frame, but damn is my mattress comfortable. I really hate to venture out of it any earlier than I have to and if you try to make plans in the AM with me on weekends, I'm sorry, but bed comes before you. Always.
9. Books. I've always had a huge love of reading. Only during a couple years during university where I had no time to read anything but textbooks have I not been reading something. Books have opened my mind to a lot of different things and life would be pretty boring without them.
10. Travel. Few things are more exciting than travelling somewhere new, or even to a place that you love to visit. I don't travel as much as I'd like to, so I'm always grateful when I get the opportunity to.
So that's my list! It was harder than I thought to come up with 10 things. 10 doesn't seem like much, but once I hit 5, it took me some real thinking.
I don't really want to force anyone to do this, so I'm going to leave it open! It's a valuable exercise and hopefully fun to read :)
The guidelines to this tag are:
- thank the person who tagged you
- list out 10 things you are grateful for
- pass it on