Wow, I can't believe it's time for the first beauty favourites post of 2015! January has flown by... without being particularly interesting. With little money and few social events happening, it feels as if everyone is laying low.
Work has been crazy busy for me with planning for all the year's projects ahead. As well, wedding planning is kicking up into gear again. I can't wait to share more wedding updates with everyone as we've now finalized a few very key details!
In the meantime, here are some of my favourites from the past month:
1. Stila The Natural face palette - I think this one is discontinued now, but I picked up this face and eye palette during my Portland trip a couple years ago. Yes, makeup lasts FOREVER. This palette has a beautiful mix of neutral, matte and shimmery tones for the eyes and face. I tend to use the mattes more as they make for an easy no-makeup look. The bronzer also works well in summer to illuminate and chisel out my cheekbones.
2. Sephora Shimmering Marsala Cheek Trio - consisting of two blushes and one highlight, this palette has quickly entered heavy rotation in my morning routine. Marsala is the most pigmented of the three and is a gorgeous wine-red that is very flattering alongside winter's nude trend. My usual mode of wear is to wear Marsala and then blend it out with some of the coral shade on my apples. View full review.
3. Rocky Mountain Foot Butter balm - I've been testing out this mini foot balm the past couple weeks after being introduced to this eco-friendly line and am instantly in love (review coming soon!). The scent is a mix of lemon and citrus, which of course I am swooning over and the thick emollients in this balm have helped stave off those dreaded dry heels.
4. L'Occitane Shea Cleansing Oil - I raved about this one earlier this week, but I'll say it again - this cleansing oil is the shizz. Thick, moisturizing and effective, this oil will convince you to ditch makeup remover forever. View full review.
5. Lush So White Shower Gel - this body wash contains a mix of rose water, sea salt, orange flower, apple cider vinegar, rice bran oil, neroli and bergamot to gently cleanse your skin and surround you in a deliciously fruity cloud. Although I shower at night, I still find the fresh, sweet scent of this body wash soothing and a great way to close off my day.
What were your beauty faves this month?