My favourite season of the year has finally arrived - summer! I absolutely love not having to wear socks or boots, or jackets. Summer dressing is all about feeling free, embracing color and being playful with your style. Here are some of my recent summer shopping finds and all of them are under $50!
1. Forever 21 Floral Print Crepe Kimono, $19 - I love kimono tops yet regrettably have few of them in my closet. They're the summer equivalent of winter cardigans, so of course they are right up my alley!
2. Ruche Waterfront Dinner Romper, $48.99 - normally I'm not a fan of rompers, but I absolutely adore this ivory and lace romper. The delicate lace trim and elegant draping of this romper is so romantic. I'm not exactly sure where I would wear this as it's a bit like a fancy pyjama, but I'd be willing to plan an occasion just to wear it!
3. Forever 21 Embroidered Peasant Top, $26.90 - of course nothing says summer quite like a peasant top. This is another summer staple that I'm sadly lacking in. I love the casual sexiness of the neckline on this top, which is contrasted with the elastic bottom with the sweet girly ruffle. With this season's 70's trend, this top becomes even more appropriate and covetable.
4. ASOS Crochet Tee, $47.60 - another typical summer item is a crochet top, but this particular one from ASOS comes with a twist, with its unusual blue pink color. This would be so perfect to wear over dresses, or with cute bandeaus and crop tops.
5. ASOS The Ultimate Crop Cami, $10.58 - crops and camis are not something I usually stock up on, but I'm in love with the mustard yellow tone of this cami. As well, the crop isn't too short on this one, so if you're short-waisted like me, it might actually fit normally! Mustard again seems very 70's to me, and it's a color that a lot of people don't dare to try, but it goes great with denim, black and even brighter colors like green, so it's surprisingly versatile. Wearing a unique color like this is an easy way to stand out from the crowd.
6. Ruche New Beginnings Cutout Flats, $38.99 - summer shopping isn't all about the clothes; it's also about the accessories! These super cute mint flats are the type of shoe you want to wear everywhere and with everything.
7. Ruche Midnight Rendezvous Pants, $38.99 - summers here in Vancouver don't usually get so hot that you can't wear shorts, and for an office environment, slim, thin trousers are a must when jeans just get too hot to wear. I love these types of pants lately and always purchase a pair when I find one that fits me. The cinched waist accentuates your shape, while the loose fit keeps things comfortable.
8. ModCloth Keen of the Castle Sunglasses, $49.99 - I recently bought a pair of vintage sunglasses similar to these and I've been wearing them everyday! I can't get enough of cat-eye sunglasses and anything tortoise-shell always catches my eye.
9. ModCloth Fleur-ever and a Day Hair Pin Set, $14.99 - while I'm a total dunce when it comes to hair, even I can use fancy bobby pins like these gold metal ones. The delicate flowers have a vintage sort of feel to them that will instantly give your outfit just that little bit of quirkiness that is oh-so-charming.
10. ASOS Straw Matador Hat, $31.74 - Last, but not least, is this wide-brimmed matador-style hat. A breathable, light toned hat is essential for days out in the sun. I am always wearing my straw hat out on the beach or even just to walk the dog around the neighborhood. No way am I working so hard through the rest of year to eliminate my hyperpigmentation only to accumulate more!
Hope you enjoyed my summer shopping picks! What's on your shopping list for summer?