I was torn on whether to call this part 5 or part 4.1 because this week's installment features MORE MLBB lipsticks!
MLBB, or My Lips But Better, lipsticks have been my favourite style of lipstick for a long while and I don't think I'm alone in this love affair. There's something just so squee-worthy about a perfect pink. You know how some peoples' eyes light up when they see something really cute and you just want to throw your arms around it in a big hug? That's called cuteness aggression and it's how I feel about MLBB lipsticks!
You can check out my first round of MLBB picks from last week's post and today's continues where I left off.
As mentioned before, my perfect MLBB shade leans more on the rose spectrum and into rose-brown territory. My natural lip shade is more brown than pale pink, so these types of colors match my natural pigment, while elevating it so that I look fresher and more pulled together.
|Left to right: Wet n' Wild MegaSlicks in Rico Mauve, Ladykin One Touch Bling Glow in Fall Rose, Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart, Clarins Joli Rouge in Rosewood, Boots No7 High Shine Lip Crayon in Delicate Pink|
In this week's roundup, I had so many lipsticks to talk about that I had to split it up because I couldn't even get an in-focus swatch shot of all of them at once!
|Left to right: Wet n' Wild MegaSlicks in Rico Mauve, Ladykin One Touch Bling Glow in Fall Rose, Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart, Clarins Joli Rouge in Rosewood, Boots No7 High Shine Lip Crayon in Delicate Pink, Bite Luminous Creme in Musk, Bite Amuse Bouche in Pepper, Maybelline Color Sensational Inti-Matte Nudes in Almond Rose, Annabelle TwistUp in Breeze, Colourpop Lippie Stix in Juice Bar|
The first batch here consists of:
- Wet n' Wild MegaSlicks Balm Stain in Rico Mauve (seen here) - this one was a surprise for me. Being the snob that I am, I'd always turned my nose up at Wet n' Wild, but this lipstick crayon really showed me up with its creamy pigmented goodness and glossy texture.
- Ladykin One Touch Bling Glow Lipstick in Fall Rose - I've had this one so long, it's been featured in a previous MLBB faves roundup! Sadly this one is a Korean brand, so I'm unsure if it's available here, but if it is, snap it up! I've been trying to hoard this, but it's just such a perfect rose shade for fall and winter when all I live in is this lipstick, smoky eyeliner and a cozy cardigan.
- Revlon Lip Butter in Sweet Tart - I'm almost down to the last nub on this one, which is a true testament to its versatility, since when was the last time you've ever actually finished a lipstick? I was really into the Lip Butters years ago as they're really creamy and give lips a shiny, sheer wash of color. I'm not as in love with them anymore now that I'm more into pigmented lippies, but this one still does it for me in a pinch when I want something summery as it's a girly true pink.
- Clarins Joli Rouge Lipstick in Rosewood (review) - I've said it before and I'll say it again: Clarins is too underrated. You need to try their makeup! The Joli Rouge lipstick line is gorgeously packaged with its glossy gold tube, creamy pigmentation and lasting power. Rosewood is another beautiful brown-rose shade that is only 1 shade brighter than my lips, making it an ideal MLBB.
- Boots No7 High Shine Lip Crayon in Delicate Pink - I picked up this drugstore beauty last time I was in England. At the time, we didn't carry Boots No7 in town, so I took the chance to try several Boots' products. This lip crayon is a sheer medium pink with a teeny bit of glitter in it for shine. It's pretty unusual for me to like anything with glitter or metallic bits in it, but this one has it without it being gritty or overly frosty. Although this one swatches fairly pale, on me my natural lip color deepens the color to a more medium pink.
|Left to right: Bite Luminous Creme in Musk, Bite Amuse Bouche in Pepper, Maybelline Color Sensational Inti-Matte Nudes in Almond Rose, Annabelle TwistUp in Breeze, Colourpop Lippie Stix in Juice Bar|
The second batch consists of:
- Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Musk (review) - When I wear Musk, it photographs as a mauve, but I swear it's more of a pink-brown IRL. The Luminous Creme formula needs no introduction; by now, everyone knows it's amazing, but I'll reiterate again - everyone should try a Bite lipstick at least once. I find the Luminous Cremes slightly more glossy and thinner in texture than the Amuse Bouches' that replaced them, but they are just as pigmented, with one-swipe opacity.
- Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Pepper (seen here) - I adore this shade. While many of my picks here, and in the previous installment, are quite pink, Pepper is a decidedly pink-brown, fully embracing that 90's flava, shade. Pepper just clings to my lips and wears beautifully for hours. This shade is perfect for cooler weather and any smoky eye look.
- Maybelline Color Sensational Inti-Matte Nudes lipstick in Almond Rose - I'm planning a fuller review on these, but this line is my most recent lipstick find, thanks to my equally makeup obsessed coworker. The texture is slightly oily, but the color payoff is on point and they're under $10! Almond Rose is a pretty petal pink with very slight mauve undertones. I love how the bullet has a super pointy tip as well that helps you get very precise application.
- Annabelle TwistUp lipstick in Breeze (seen here) - out of all the original TwistUp shades, Breeze was my favourite. It's a pinky-blue that looks really natural on me, yet is bright enough to be a statement. You can wear Breeze as sheer or as opaque as you want, but I like to wear this more on the light side. If I layer this on too heavily, the blueness really begins to come out and looks kinda weird against my yellow-toned skin; despite this though, I still really love this shade! Sometimes we stay in relationships even when they aren't quite right for us okay?
- Colourpop Lippie Stix in Juice Bar - I realized after writing each of these roundups that I kept forgetting lipsticks, such as my beloved Colourpop Lippie Stix! Well, now it's time to start rectifying that, starting with Juice Bar. A medium cool pink, Juice Bar is a great shade to wear anytime of year, with any kind of look. I love MLBB lipsticks that brighten my lips as I feel my natural lip color is very drab, and Juice Bar does just that. It has a bit of warmth to it so that it's more neutral and can be worn by most skin tones. The Lippie Stix are really skinny, so it takes some getting used to, but it's actually better as the smaller bullet allows for more targeted application, and don't worry, you're getting killer pigmentation too!
- Lipsticks for feeling bold and confident (reds)
- Lipsticks for when you just want to feel good (berries)
- Lipsticks for feeling fresh and saucy (oranges)
- Lipsticks for that perfect MLBB